OUR WELLNESS SERVICES
The Baltimore Humane Society is committed to assisting pet owners in maintaining the health of their pets.
Our Wellness Clinic offers services designed to help low and moderate-income families keep their pets happy and healthy. We do this through the generosity of private donors; we receive no public funds for support.
Patients are seen by appointment only
Wellness Visit Hours
- Tues, Wed & Thurs: 10AM – 1PM
- Saturdays: 9AM – 3PM
- Exam (required for vaccinations)
- Recheck Exam
- Technician Appointment
To make a wellness/vaccination appointment online, CLICK HERE. If you have additional questions, or prefer to book your appointment by phone/email, call 410-833-8848 ext. 209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A veterinary exam is required at the time of all annual vaccinations. If your pet is receiving a vaccine for the first time, they will need to get a booster vaccine in 2-3 weeks for the vaccine to provide the best and most complete protection for your pet. You may schedule an appointment for the booster with your regular veterinarian or through the BHS Spay, Neuter & Vaccine Clinic.
Canine Influenza $28
Feline Leukemia $24
An appointment with the veterinarian is required with each of these services.
4Dx Test $35
(blood test screening for canine mosquito & tick-borne diseases)
Felv/FIV Test $30
Feline Leukemia Virus/Feline Immunodeficiency
(blood test screening for the most common feline infectious diseases)
Fecal Testing $24
Fecal screen for intestinal parasites
Pre-Anesthetic Profile $53
Blood work performed prior to surgery
An appointment with the veterinarian is required for all services.
Ear Mite Treatment $15
Tape Worm Treatment $24
Anal Gland Expression $24
Nail Trim $24
Ear Cleaning $24
Deworming $8 – $24
depends on age and weight
Flea Prevention$13.50 – $20
30 days, cost depends on weight/species
Flea Treatment with Oral Capstar $11
Only kills the fleas currently on the pet. This service is NOT a flea bath/dip and is not an effective long term treatment or prevention.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SCHEDULE A
WELLNESS VISIT / VACCINATION APPOINTMENT ONLINE, CLICK HERE.
Euthanasia is performed by appointment only. Appointments are limited, please call the Spay/Neuter Center for more information at 410-833-8848 x 209. These prices do not include care of a pet’s remains. Please call for information on communal or private cremation services.
Over 30 lbs $74
Due to COVID we have lower cacity and are taking clients for all services by appointment only.
- All business will be conducted “curbside”, meaning that no members of the public will be permitted in the building.
- Credit card payments are preferred to minimize the handling of potentially contaminated cash.
The day of your appointment :
- Please park in a spot marked by an orange cone and a sign designating it as a Spay, Neuter, and Vaccination parking spot.
- Please call the phone number n the sign (667-209-3980) when you arrive. A staff member will come out to retrieve your pet.
- For wellness visits, your pet will be returned to you in the parking lot after the vet exam and/or vaccines are administered.
- For surgery patients, you will leave your pet and return to the shelter for discharge later in the day. Once again, please park in the designated spaces and call the phone number provided to let staff know you have arrived for pick-up.
- Please remember, all of the people in the car must be wearing a MASK in order for BHS staff to approach their car.
- To keep you and our staff safe, we will be enforcing social distancing protocols as recommended by local public health officials. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If you have a surgery or vaccination appointment at Baltimore Humane Society on a day that is snowy or icy, please monitor your email, texts and phone messages closely. Cancellations will be announced via these outlets by 6am the day of the appointment.