Helping PetS STAY HOME
If you are experiencing temporary financial stress and are unable to pay for your pet’s food, you may be able to receive help from our Bmore Kind Pet Food Bank.
Beginning January 1, 2022, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive assistance:
- Head of household must make $25,000 annually or less as an individual
- Head of household must make $42,000 annually or less with dependents listed on tax forms
Personal Identification matching benefit recipient AND one of the following:
- W2, 1099, or completed tax statement showing one of the qualifying scenarios
- Four consecutive pay stubs proving annual income for individual making less than $25,000-OR-
Current letter of benefit for government assistance
To apply for Bmore Kind Pet Food Bank assistance, please CLICK HERE to fill out the application.
- Once approved, you will be eligible to receive 6 months of assistance.
- Eligible pet owners may come once a month.
- Staff will portion out a month’s supply of food for a maximum of 5 cats and 3 dogs per household.
- Food is available for indoor house pets only.
- Services are dependent on our supply.
Current Food Bank clients are asked to make an appointment by calling 410-833-8848 ext. 2
Part of Baltimore Humane Society’s mission is to end homelessness for pets in our community. We work to help families who are experiencing temporary financial stress provide for their pets while they work to improve their circumstances. We hope that by helping families through these difficult situations, their pets are able to stay in their home, and we can prevent the heartbreaking choice of surrendering them to a shelter.
The Bmore Kind Pet Food Bank operation is sustained by donations of food and supplies from our community. We are unable to take requests for specific brands and cannot guarantee the quantity of food available at any given time.
FOOD BANK DONATIONS
- Donations to the food bank are accepted contact-free during business hours, and may be placed in the donation shed located on the right-hand side of our parking lot. Receipts are available – ring the doorbell for the adoption center and a staff member will be happy to supply one for you.
- All brands of wet and dry cat and dog food are accepted. We do not accept expired food.
- Those wanting to donate through online retailers are asked to use the links below. Baltimore Humane Society receives a donation for each order placed through these portals.
Hours of Operation