Ways to Give
There are many different ways for people of all ages to help support the Baltimore Humane Society and provide comfort and shelter to the many animals we care for! These simple, small acts can have a big impact!
- Make your donations go further by taking advantage of an employer matching program
- Show your support everywhere you go with a BHS license plate
- Create an online fundraiser or share your bar or bat mitzvah with us
- Download the Walk for a Dog app and earn money just by taking a stroll
However you choose to give, your support means so much!
Employer Match and Workplace Giving
Companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations.
Double Your Donation!
Most programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift!
Some employer matching programs will also provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
To find out if your employer has a matching gift program, contact your Human Resources Department. You can also contact our development office with any questions or for more information, or visit the Corporate Matching Gifts website to sign up for your corporate matching program.
A donation from your BIWEEKLY paycheck of:
will feed and provide comfort to every animal in our shelter for a weekend.
will provide 2 spay/neuter surgeries and vaccines.
will pay for adoption fees of 10 senior dogs or 22 cats.
BHS License Plates
Show your support for the Baltimore Humane Society and promote animal welfare everywhere you go with a BHS license plate.
To get your Baltimore Humane Society license plate, please give us a call at 410-833-8848 x212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail you the official MVA application. Simply return the completed application along with a $75 payment and you will receive your new BHS license plate in the mail within 6-8 weeks.
Set Up A Facebook Fundraiser
Helping out the shelter is as simple as setting up a Facebook fundraiser for a big birthday or big event!
- Login to Facebook.com
- Select Fundraisers on the left hand side margin of the page, under the explore tab.
- Click raise money and select the nonprofit button.
- Use the search bar to locate the Baltimore Humane Society
- Enter in how much you want to raise and how long the fundraiser will last.
- Click through the set up prompts until your fundraiser is completely set up. You can change the fundraiser picture to a photo of your choice.
- Then select create.
Many of our youth supporters have chosen to help our animal shelter through their Bar or Bat Mitzvah by:
- Asking their guests to donate to us in lieu of gifts
- Donating all or a portion of their gifts to us
- Holding a donation drive
- Putting together special dog or cat gift baskets
- Creating a material object we can use
- Volunteering with our animals (accompanied by an adult)
Walk For A Dog
Exercise and earn money for Baltimore Humane Society at the same time!Get the Walk for a Dog app if you’re an iPhone or Android user, and every mile you walk, money will be donated to the shelter of your choice. Take a walk, stroll through the mall, work out on the treadmill! It’s healthy for you, your dog, and BHS!
Download the App