Adoption Counselors are responsible for guiding the public through the adoption process, as well as educating them on the services we provide.
Job Type: Part-Time
Hours: Hours: 3 days - Thu/Fri/Sat, 9-5pm
- Age 18+, friendly and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Must have prior customer service experience.
- Must have your own transportation
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, internet research, and able to handle multiple phone lines
- Must be able to prioritize, multi task, and work independently
- Must love animals!
- Prior animal handling, sheltering, and admin/clerical experience is a plus.
Responsible for guiding the public through the adoption process, as well as educating on the services BHS provides and offering them assistance on basic animal care in person or over the phone. ACs process applications, complete adoptions, and assist in the surrendering of pets. Provide excellent customer service in person, and by phone and email as well as possess a willingness to help and facilitate a positive adoption experience.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to Katie Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org.