The Executive & Development Assistant at Baltimore Humane Society provides critical administrative, business operations, and technical support across all departments.
Job Type: Full-Time
Hours: Typically Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours required
- Minimum of three years experience in administrative support.
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
- Bachelor Degree preferred, but not required.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel) and proficiency with donor databases (Bloomerang, Funraise, Kindful, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Must be able to lift minimum 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently and meet required deadlines.
- Firm commitment to the mission and principles of the Baltimore Humane Society.
The Administrative Coordinator at Baltimore Humane Society provides critical administrative, business operations, and technical support across all departments. This includes: maintaining accurate and precise donor records in the organization’s CRM, providing technical troubleshooting and coordinating with service providers; leading operational and procedural eﬃciency initiatives; making meaningful contributions via content creation and editing for various media; and other duties as assigned. This role plays an integral part in the success of each department at BHS by alleviating administrative burdens and working to create streamlined processes that support the organization’s mission. This position uses sound judgment and decision-making skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and eﬀective time management and project coordination skills to perform tasks quickly.
- Manage donor CRM to a high degree to support monthly reconciliations, targeted donor appeals, and accurate reporting
- Ensures all donations are entered and appreciation letters are sent in a timely manner Manage database of donors.
- Enter donations and generate thank you letters weekly and generate donor reports as requested.
- Handwrite “In Honor of” and “In Memory of” donation cards and mail promptly
- Maintain equipment and coordinate repairs for telephone, computers copier, internet, postage meter, etc.
- Perform with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality to most effectively support the Executive Director and the organization’s success and mission
- Support Marketing and Development initiatives including project coordination; written and graphic content creation for fundraising campaigns, organization literature, social media, grant applications; some giving-platform creation (Givesmart)
- Manage and track employee Form I9 documents including auditing and reverifying
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, coordinate delivery of packages
- Order and maintain office supplies, use purchase order system to track purchases
- Coordinate vendors for equipment maintenance and repair
- Keep administration building clean and presentable
- Set meetings, create meeting agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes, order food for meetings
- Create nametags for staff, distribute employee handbook
- Greet/assist visitors to the administration building
- Manage BHS merchandise sales, including shipping and keeping inventory
- Answer telephone inquiries or transfer caller to appropriate department
- Create and suspend employee email accounts
- Plan staff holiday party
- Import contact information for new adopters and wellness clients weekly
- Assist with major events as needed.
- Take deposits to the bank
- Takes meeting minutes, composes and distributes minutes accordingly.
- Manage all merchandise sales, including shipping and keeping inventory.
- Acts as a resource to all associates; problem solving as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned