Moving/Can’t Find Pet-Friendly Housing
Moving with pets can often be a difficult process. Below, we have listed some resources for finding pet friendly housing for renters. It is our goal to minimize the number of animals surrendered to shelters due to an inability to find suitable housing that accommodates pets or certain breeds. Policies may change, so please contact the property owner to confirm current policies regarding pets.
- Tips on Moving With a Pet
- Pet Laws and Regulations When Moving With Your Pet
- How to Convince Your Landlord That Your Pet Is a Safe Bet
- Maryland Pet Gazette: Detailed listing of pet-friendly apartments and rental properties here: http://www.mdpetgazette.com/files/docs/2015-MDPetGazette-WebVersion.pdf (scroll to pages 15-19 for rental listings)
- MyApartmentMap: One of the largest online databases of currently available pet-friendly housing. Each apartment listing has a small pet icon that indicates if that particular property allows pets: myapartmentmap.com/pet_friendly
- RentCafe: Another online database of pet-friendly housing: http://www.rentcafe.com/sitemaps/us/md-pet-friendly-apartments/
- People with Pets: National directory of pet friendly apartments, homes, and hotels. Shows pet restrictions right next to the apartment so you can easily see what size dogs they accept. The site also gives access to pet-friendly roommates if you are looking to rent or have a room for rent: peoplewithpets.com
- Zillow: http://www.zillow.com/baltimore-md/pet-friendly/
- Trulia: https://www.trulia.com/for_rent/Baltimore,MD/cats,sm_dogs,lg_dogs,other_pets/map_v
- Hotpads: https://hotpads.com/baltimore-md/apartments-for-rent
- Avalon Communities
In the event that these alternative resources do not address the circumstances you are experiencing with your pet, please review how to surrender your pet to the Baltimore Humane Society by clicking here.